Tuesday, April 30, 2013

International Pen Pals

A few international pen pal letters I've received this year.



At the first of the year, I decided to expand my horizons and start writing to international pen pals. I found a few sites that were free to join, and found several pen pals (and some found me) to write to. Currently, I have pen pals in England, France, Malaysia, and Greece.

A word of caution: When joining pen pal sites, I wouldn't recommend posting your mailing address online. I leave an email address (one specifically created for pen pals), so if a person is interesting in becoming my pen pal, they can email me first. That way, I can make sure I only get mail from those I choose to get mail from. For instance, since I'm happily married, I don't pen pal with men, only women who are around my age.

International letters cost $1.10 to mail (per letter under 1 oz.), so it doesn't break the bank writing international letters, either.

Here is one site (Pen Pals Now) I used for pen pals, both in the U.S. and international. 

No comments:

Post a Comment